Students have their own world of knowledge and information where they keep on learning new skills so that they can increase the rate of their survival and growth. Similarly, a lot of things happen in the life of students and they always want to share those things with someone and that too with that someone who can guide and help them in some crucial situations or in any such situation where they can give them valuable suggestions. Today the scenario of the education system has changed completely and students have adopted new and innovative methods of education completely. These methods of the new education system are very beneficial and easy for learning due to which students get a chance to gather information more than expected and anticipated. Earlier students were not aware of even LMS full form but today if this same term is asked to any student, then he or she can reply immediately to all the details about LMS full form. Today students are getting education with complete flexibility with the help of online learning, where LMS portals are providing much possible help to the students. LMS portals provide a chance to the students to learn online safely. Students have to face a lot of difficulties in their academic as well as personal life where they get perfect suggestion from an experienced tutor just like a best friend, and thus a friendly relationship begins between tutor and student but this friendly relationship must have some boundaries and rules so that main motive of this relationship i.e., learning and education should not be lost. A tutor can’t be best friends with any of his/her students forever because the moment he/she starts being strict regarding discipline, students will not like it. Hence, it needs a balancing attitude. So, let’s understand the methods of balancing friendly attitude with students:
- It is good to have a friendly relationship with students but there should be a fixed tine of teacher with students and this tone should be for overall class. Teachers should be very polite but along with this he or she should concentrate on educating more rather than getting interested in personal lives and matters, with this kind of tone for every student teacher can hold a friendly relationship with his/her students for a very long time. This balanced relationship maintains the respectful boundaries also between tutor and students because those students who are brilliant and very fluent with tutor, sometimes cross their line of respect.
- Tutors should focus on completing the course for the students but meanwhile it is also necessary for them to make learning jolly for the students. Teaching in a funny method can be the best medium to create fun for the students along with continuing teaching and learning without going out of the boundaries of the class. It is found in various studies that those tutors who teach in funny methods, students love to attend his/her class.
- Doesn’t matter how far the tutor may plan and activate boundaries still students will ask many questions related to their personal life and indulgence of the tutor in the personal life of students is not good. Students have a lot of curiosity about their role model tutor so sometimes they ask questions related to the tutor’s personal life. At this moment the tutor should reply politely, “I do not discuss my personal life with others dear” and if the students insist still then the tutor can procrastinate the situation saying a funny line, ” O dear! listening to my story will put you to sleep”.
- It is good to be friendly with students just because the tutor can’t put the academic life of the students at risk. So, a tutor needs to be straightforward with his/her students. Tutor must be polite with the students always but should tell them their good and bad straightforwardly without hesitation. Sometimes it may hurt the students but then he/she will get a chance to mend the faults in him or her.
- Teacher needs to be professional for his job, which means to have little distance from students, completely focus on teaching and guiding students as much as possible in their learning process. Along with this teacher needs to be present always to guide his or her students wherever they need his/her guidance in the learning process.